Description

...

Monday Movie: Horrible Bosses

Posted on: Monday, July 18, 2011

I had to see this because it looked amusing, I love Jason Bateman, and I unlike the rest of the world did not want to see Harry Potter opening weekend (people really think the opening of the last HP movie signals the end of our childhood? But the movies are not even good. And we already know what happens. Remember, from the book that came out years ago? I don't get it). Anyway, when the movie started I was confused for a split second and thought I was watching I Love You, Man, because they use the same song near the beginning of the film (as anyone who has watched I Love You, Man as many times as I have would immediately recognize). I feel like sometimes comedians and comedy films swear a lot because they feel they have to to be edgy or something but it just comes off unnatural and awkward, and the start of Horrible Bosses kind of felt like it was trying too hard. But once the three disgruntled employees decided for sure they were going to kill their bosses, the movie really picked up and seemed a bit more natural and appropriately ridiculous. Charlie Day, of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and kitten mittens, did not disappoint and probably provided the most laughs. I don't much care for Sudeikis anyway, and his character was the least interesting to me. Bateman did what he usually does, and to me it will never get old and always amuse me. Overall it was pretty funny, perhaps a little more crude than I was expecting for some reason, and not a film I would rush back to see again.

- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger