Description

...

Wednesday Wedding: Websites

Posted on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today a list of websites and blogs I frequent for ideas and practical online tools for planning our wedding! To be honest, I mostly look at the pictures, and when something catches my eye I'll read the entry. There are a ton of wedding sites out there so I like to stick with a few to keep from getting wedding overload.

Etsy
On Etsy people sell things they make. I've found several fun gifts for friends/family on the site, and I like to browse particularly for wedding decorations, accessories, and other extra touches (if not to buy then to get ideas for things to make myself!).

Definitely one I mostly just scan for pictures. It seems a bit more fashion photo shoot, mixing in real wedding examples (sometimes you can't tell the difference). Lots of pretty pictures to look at.

Pinterest
This is a site where you can create boards full of pictures. It's handy for sharing all of your ideas with those helping you plan your wedding- bridesmaids, family, whomever. I just recently discovered it so I put all the images I had saved to a file on my desktop up. Others can also add images (pin) to your boards if you so desire. You can also repin images other users have added, and easily pin an image from any website you're looking at by adding a "Pin It" tab to your bookmarks bar. A good source for inspiration and organization, wedding related or not.

Offbeat Bride
It's fun to see (as the name tells you) offbeat wedding ideas. Some crazier than others.

The Knot
The Ultimate wedding planning website. This is the first one I really started off at, and it has handy personalized planning tools such as To Do lists, inspiration boards, vendor contacts, and a platform for creating a wedding website if you so desire. I have the book version, too, and they have a magazine that I haven't checked out yet (no need really, with the internet).

Cupcakes & Cashmere
This isn't a wedding blog, but it's fun for everyday ideas, snacks and fashion to consider working into a wedding. My sister just recently introduced it to me.

- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger