Description

...

Thursday Thoughts (11)

Posted on: Thursday, June 28, 2012


{one} Kitties have caught a bit of a cold. Darwin started sneezing last weekend and she is pretty much better, but Hux started sneezing a day or two ago so he's got the bug now. Kyle had to convince me that it was probably just a cold and that they didn't need to go to the vet, and I figured as they were eating and drinking and OK otherwise, that he was probably right. They've been spending the large part of the day napping; the heat and cold has made them a little understandably sluggish. They are also cats. I'm keeping an eye on them, though. 

{two} I finally found out I got my internship that I interviewed for almost a month ago! I will be at the Cedar Crest Hospital and Residential Treatment Center for my whole first year of grad school. I'm really excited! It is a mental and behavioral health center, and it is about 10-15 minutes away as opposed to the 30-40 minute drive to Waco, so it will be nice to have a shorter drive a couple days a week!

{three} My sister got us a slow cooker, and I love it! I've made two meals with it so far, and both have been really good. Both have been chicken dishes, and the chicken cooks so nicely in there! I think the cooker will be very handy once school starts for me.
 chicken, corn, black beans, salsa, hot sauce served on rice with green onion (and sour cream for husband)
honey sesame chicken (minus sesame as we couldn't find any)

{four} Kyle is having a leather (motorcycle) jacket custom made for me from Mexico, and they sent us pictures of the vinyl mock-up a couple weeks ago! Here's what they made from what Kyle told them; it will be a brown leather, and we're adding/changing a couple things, but it's looking pretty good!

{five} New planner on the way! Without the strangers' names on it though. I love me some organizing and a good planner for the upcoming school year!
{six} So, I was baking cookies, and while taking them out of the oven I got real close to the open oven door, and burned my arm. Ouch. What a weird place for a weird two-part burn. Maybe I should buy a second oven mitt. And be less of a spazz in the kitchen.

{seven} Ohhh this makes me laugh every time I see it. We love Liam Neeson in this house. Call Me Maybe? Not so much.

{eight} Sar is hosting a 15 Day Challenge, and Lin has a Summertime Swap coming up! Check them out!


{nine} There may have been other thoughts, but then a preview of our wedding photos was posted, and all other thoughts were lost. :)

S.

1 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo previews (soooo pretty!), and I just ordered an Erin Condren planner too! Eeee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger