Description

...

What The Office Means to Me

Posted on: Thursday, May 16, 2013

Today the final episode of The Office will air. I have been saying for weeks, maybe months, probably since this was announced to be the final season, to my husband, "I'm going to cry. A lot." Regardless of what happens in the episode, if I'm left happy or sad (likely both, the show has a talent for doing that), there will be tears.

While I have not been a part of the show, the show has become a part of my life. I started watching it during my freshman year of undergrad, and fell in love fast. I started collecting the seasons for Christmas gifts, and I have watched them all many times. My senior year I lived alone and didn't have cable, so I watched a lot of The Office repeats; often I would just put it on and let it play while I was doing other things. And then when Kyle for basic training and began our adventure in the Army, I started watching it even more, most evenings. It was a comfort to me when I couldn't chat with Kyle as I usually would. Three years later, and on the verge of our second deployment, it is still my comfort show. It is reliably the one thing that will make me feel...better. The Office somehow means that it will be OK, that I will be OK. "It's more than a show, it is." Thursday evenings certainly won't be the same. Thank you for The Office.



- From the desk of Mrs. M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger